Sunday, May 2, 2010

We... are... exhaust... ... ... ed...

The big deal today was a hike up to an amazing viewpoint on Rattlesnake Ledge with one of my very favorite guys in all the world. Four miles total, but the equivalent of five miles straight up (well... actually, only 1000 feet elevation gain) and two miles down (the actual distance). Wet, sometimes rainy, cool, but the trail was still well-populated with hikers and dogs.

Rufus had a marvelous time, except that Andy keeps him on a much shorter leash than I do. He learned pretty well, though, thanks to Andy's supreme strength and persistence.

I had a fantastic time with my son and the dog, but MAN did I get winded on the uphill climb. Poor Andy had to adopt a snail's pace so I could keep up, but he was ever so patient.

And when we finally reached the top...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

When you say "we" are exhausted, is that the imperial "we"? Because these two look like they just took a walk in the park! :)

And they are not only strong, but handsome too.

Katharine said...

Good observation, Sandra. You're right, I was the only one who was really exhausted. Rufus slept hard all the way home, Andy slept well that night, but I... slept... for... days...