Monday, January 4, 2010

Aaaacccckkk! Happy New Year!

Hello, faithful reader(s). I'm back! Here's the rundown: busy with work, busy with family, nothing significant to write, and intense drama of the realistic kind. No energy to write more than a Facebook status update. My resolution for 2010? Ha! I'm way too abstract-random/perfectionist to make resolutions. But I do want to write.

This week, my friend and mentor is in town to discuss opening outreach centers for Lutheran Blind Mission. I've been able to sit in on two meetings already, with one more tomorrow, and have some good conversation and Q&A in between. One of the things I find interesting is to see how different churches handle their decision-making and action steps. Regardless of their official structure, every church has a personality or culture of its own. I appreciate being able to observe this, and to see how the individuals handle themselves within that culture.

It's good to have something big to ponder that's outside of me. As I mentioned, there's been significant personal drama over the last couple of months, and I'm a little tired of it. But again, it's interesting to watch how we are reacting to these things. I'm nowhere near able to objectively describe my family's culture, but I'm working on understanding me. It's all good, in the long run.

Thank you for your perseverance to check back here. Now that I've broken the ice with the first post of the New Year, I'll be writing again. I hope to get serious work done on novel #2, but that's a big project for which I'll need more energy and concentration. For now, just blogging and journalling are good. Oh -- and this particular post is brought to you courtesy of my middle son, who's letting me borrow his Mac when he's at work!

I hope you had a terrific Christmas and are enjoying a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

MaggieGem said...

Welcome back! Hope the New Year brings you less drama and more good stuff! :-)

Katharine said...

Thanks, MaggieGem, and welcome to my (dog's) blog!

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to hear from you, Katharine.

May God bless you and your family in 2010 with love, patience and wisdom in whatever challenges you face. Happy New Year!

Miss Kitty said...

Welcome back, and hooray for your resolution! Sounds excellent.

Hope the drama settles down soon. (hugs)

Katharine said...

Thank you, Sandra and Miss K. I appreciate your kind words. {hugs back}