Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just for Diane

I don't have a fetish for this kind of thing or these places. No matter what my friend thinks, I don't spend my days checking out new and unusual facilities. But...

In our quest to find non-automobile walking routes, Rufus and I took The Dad to a park in Seattle. We walked a 2.5 mile loop along the lakeshore and saw wonderful old vegetation and a panorama of civilization. At the beginning and end of the walk were these facilities for our convenience. I love old, unique architecture, so here they are:



This reminds me of the witch's house in Hansel & Gretel -- which is why Rufus was afraid when I disappeared.

And a detail from the other one:

4 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

That is the prettiest "one of those" that I think I've ever seen!

Miss Kitty said...

Those are some gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

I feel sooooooooooo special! I love your photos but please don't stop the outhouse/toilet/bathroom pictures. They bring grins to my day.

Katharine said...

Diane's trying to stay "anonymous" here, but thanks to ALL of you for chuckling with me!